1. You will never feel alone. Gam-Anon offers daily peer support from people who share your concerns, with ongoing communication via meetings, telephone, text, email, etc.
2. We encourage a one-day-at-a-time process, making life more manageable and goals achievable.
3. We are all equal in Gam-Anon, always listening and learning from each other. No one is judgmental.
4. Gam-Anon’s mission is to share experience, strength and hope with those who are experiencing difficulties due to someone else’s gambling.
5. The help you receive does not depend on whether or not your loved one attends Gamblers Anonymous.
6. Gam-Anon members experience positive changes in their lives beyond the problem of someone else’s gambling. Learning how to use our well-established Twelve Step Program improves relationships with family, community, career, and most importantly with self.
7. With the help of Gam-Anon, our members regain confidence to make rational, sensible decisions, and they experience serenity.
8. Gam-Anon offers practical financial suggestions.
9. Anonymity is a guiding principle. What is said in a Gam-Anon room, who you see in a Gam-Anon room, stays in the room.
10. There are no fees, no insurance forms to fill out, no appointments necessary. Just show up at a meeting.