IS A GAMBLING PROBLEM AFFECTING YOUR LIFE?
Welcome to the official website of the Gam-Anon® International Service Office, Inc., serving the community of international meetings of the Gam-Anon Family Groups. Gam-Anon has created this website to provide information for the general public and professional community about problem ( compulsive ) gambling.
Are You Living With
A Compulsive Gambler?
- Do you find yourself constantly bothered by bill collectors?
- Is the person in question often away from home for long, unexplained
periods of time?
- Does this person ever lose time from work due to gambling?
- Do you feel that this person cannot be trusted with money?
- Does the person in question faithfully promise that he or she will
stop gambling; beg, plead for another chance, yet gamble again and again?
- Does this person ever gamble longer than he or she intended to, until
the last dollar is gone?
- Does this person immediately return to gambling to try to recover
losses, or to win more?
- Does this person ever gamble to get money to solve financial difficulties
or have unrealistic expectations that gambling will bring the family
material comfort and wealth?
- Does this person borrow money to gamble with or to pay gambling debts?
- Has this person's reputation ever suffered due to gambling, even to
the extent of committing illegal acts to finance gambling?
- Have you come to the point of hiding money needed for living expenses,
knowing that you and the rest of the family may go without food and
clothing if you do not?
- Do you search this person's clothing or go through his or her wallet
when the opportunity presents itself, or otherwise check on his/her
- Does the person in question hide his or her money?
- Have you noticed a personality change in the gambler as his or her
- Does the person in question consistently lie to cover up or deny his
or her gambling activities?
- Does this person use guilt induction as a method of shifting responsibilities
for his or her gambling upon you?
- Do you attempt to anticipate this person's moods, or try to control
his or her life?
- Does this person ever suffer from remorse or depression due to gambling,
sometimes to the point of self-destruction?
- Has the gambling ever brought you to the point of threatening to break
up the family unit?
- Do you feel that your life together is a nightmare?